This article discusses all e-Commerce models with examples and their advantages. In order to make this article precise, I deliberately kept this short and to the point.
B2C: Business to Consumer
It is an abbreviation of the expression Business-to-Consumer (business to consumer) and refers to the phenomenon that develop commercial enterprises to approach directly to the customer or end user. One of the leading companies running their businesses following B2C model are Amazon and eBay.
B2B: Business to Business
B2B (Business to Business) is a business model through which various companies/businesses interact with each other through Internet. B2B e-commerce can be distributed into three types:
- The market controlled by the retailer for buyers
- The market controlled by the buyer looking for suppliers
- The market controlled by middlemen who seek the agreement between sellers and buyers.
B2B e-commerce has been a technological breakthrough, but a number of features required to get the best performance:
- Experience in the particular market
- The offer must be an added value
- Prevent failure of production, logistics and distribution.
Examples of B2B Web portals are Alibaba.com, Tradekey.com and eQatar.com. The advantages and features have made the B2B trade an option that is increasingly important in enterprise business network. The advantages are listed below:
- Reduced costs
- Expanding marke
- Increased speed
- Centralization of supply and demand
- Information buyers, sellers, products and prices commonplace6. Greater control of purchases
B2E: Business to Employees
B2E (business to employee) is the commercial relationship established between a company and its employees.The B2E comes at a time when companies begin to understand that power is not going to reserve information, but to share it with the employee. It is an evolution of management services and human resources (HR), which makes decisions extensible to the entire workforce.This type of internal information network is very useful for training plans and workshops because it allows more flexibility, customization, cost reduction for training and career planning and as a result their employees can thus increase performance thereof.With this type of system businesses can gain following advantages:
- A reduction in costs and time in bureaucratic activities
- Improved internal information
- Expedite the integration of new staff
- Create collaborative teams in a web environment
- Motivator, enhancer for professional involvement of employees
- Employee Loyalty and improvement in retention
C2C: Consumer to Consumer
C2C e-commerce, consumer to consumer, is the kind of trade that takes place between two or more consumers through internet or any other network. The purpose of this type is to facilitate the marketing of products between individuals.Some of the best known companies C2C are for example eBay or Mercadolibre, performing an activity of inter-mediation between consumers and charge a small fee for the service.
C2G: City to Government
Electronic commerce C2G, citizen to Government, as title shows relates to interaction of citizens with government.Some of the most common C2G services are:
- Request for information
- Citizen Participation
- Subscription for electronic notification
- Payment of taxes and fees
- Suggestions and complaints
- Input and / or output through registration
Electronic commerce B2G (Business to Government) seeks a better optimization of the processes of negotiation between businesses and government. Its application is intended to sites or portals specializing in public administration.Main features of B2G Model are enlisted below:
- Transparency in the development of calls and tenders
- Faster development of procedures
- The government can find the best prices and payment terms.
Notable Advantages of B2G Model are:
- Help the government to save time and money
- Greater market transparency
- Simple and standardized process.